Fish Frankfurter is similar to the commercial available meat sausages. It is made up of minced fish meat, spices and other condiments. Its shape is elongated with firm texture.
- 3 1/4 cup fish meat
- 1/4 cup TVP
- 4 Tbsp econoblend
- 1/2 cup + 2 tsp porkfat
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp frankspice
- 1 tsp ultra cure
- 1 tsp ultra bind
- 1 tsp agar
- 1 Tbsp + 1/2 t iodized salt
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Cut frozen fish meat into cubes and grind thoroughly in a food cutter.
- Add salt, followed by other ingredients.
- Mix well until a sticky paste is obtained.
- Place mixture in a stuffer and extrude into cellulose casing and tie with a cotton string.
- Cook at 90°C for 45 minutes.
- Cool immediately in running water.
- Pack in polytehylene bags and store in the freezer.
For ingredients, training and seminars, contact:
Pinoy Fishmart Multi-Purpose Cooperative
2/F PCA Annex Bldg., Commonwealth Ave.
Diliman, Quezon City
Tel: (02) 929-3118, Fax: (02) 929-7018
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
source: Pinoy Fishmart