The organic facial cleaner is a kind of biodegradable soap for washing and cleaning the face. Its ingredients are well chosen and mild which are ideal fro sensitive facial skin. Its basic ingredients are mineral oil, which serves as cleanser, isopropyl myristate, which constitutes the moisturizer, the stearic acid as softener and the cetyl alcohol as stickiness remover.
There are two phases in making an organic facial cleanser: the water phase and the oil phase.
||%to total Weight
|clean or distilled water
- graduated cylinder
- rubber spatula
- double boiler
- mixing bowl
- electric mixer
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients accurately to ensure that the products outcome is good.
- Prepare the materials for the water phase first. Boil 540g water in a double boiler. When the water is already boiling, add the carbopol slowly to thicken the mixture. Dissolve the carbopol for 40-60 minutes in low fire. (It can also be dissolved in tap water and left overnight so that the carbopol is dissolved completely.)
- Add the glycerine to the mixture. Boil and stir the water phase mixture for a while and set aside.
- Prepare the oil phase next. Put together the mineral oil, isopropyl myristate, stearic acid and the cetyl alcohol in a container.
- Mix and dissolve the ingredients. Place the container on top of a double boiler of boiling water to dissolve the mixture faster. Stir the mixture from time to time for 15 minutes.
- When all are dissolved, put the water phase and oil phase solutions together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the combined solutions well with an electric mixer. (The mixture may also be mixed by hand.)
- While mixing, add the triethanol amine (TEA) slowly. This chemical is the emulsifier of the facial cleanser.
- Stir the mixture with a rubber spatula until it thickens.
- Transfer the facial cleanser solution to a clean container. Allow to cool before using. The facial cleanser will last for two years as long as the container is clean and is stored in a cool place.
For more info, contact:DOST Central Office
DOST Bldg. Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig
Telephone: (632) 837-20-71 to 82
Fax: (632) 837-8937