- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Margarine, non-hydrogenated
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- golden yellow food color
- Combine all ingredients. Knead to form a dough.
- Equally divide the dough into 64 pieces .
- If you prefer, larger dice; just divide the dough into 32 pieces.
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 1/3 cup Sweet Potato, mashed
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Margarine, non-hydrogenated
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Steam sweet potato until cooked. Remove the skin and then mash.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are dissolved
- In a heavy saucepan,cook over low to medium fire. Stir continuously until mixture coats the spoon.
- Flatten each dough and form into a circle. Place the prepared filling at the center and then gather the edges to seal. Place filled dough on a tray with the sealed part underneath.
- Preheat the griddle for a few minutes. Place the prepared HOPIA on the griddle. Using 2 flat wooden spoons, constantly press and turn the sides to form a dice.
- Continue grilling until all sides are golden brown.
source: mrsrustysdelight.multiply.com, photo from jinlovestoeat.com