Materials and Equipment
- Mackerel Siganid/Rabbitfish
- Scad Brining container or tank
- Salt Drying trays
- Plastic bags or wooden boxes
- Remove scales if present and split the fish at the back part.
- Remove internal organs.
- Wash the split fish thoroughly in clean fresh water.
- Soak in saturated brine for 30-40 minutes depending on the size and salt desired in the finished product.
- Drain fish, arrange on drying trays and dry under the sun for 2-3 days or until dry.
- Cool, pack in plastic bags or wooden boxes and store in a cool, dry place.
source: Techno-Tulong – www.stii.dost.gov.ph