Squid rings are nutritious snack foods for both young and old. It can be a good source of income as a home-based food business.
- chopping board
- 2 mixing bowls
- paper towels
- polyethylene bag
- heat sealer
- 1 kilo squid (pusit)
- 4 tbsp baking soda
- 11 cups water
- Clean pusit. Remove the head, entrails, fins, and outer skin.
- Wash and strain.
- Soak squid in hot water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice into thin rings. Seat aside.
- Prepare baking soda solution by dissolving baking soda in 6 cups of water.
- Soak squid rings in solution for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, drain squid rings.
- Wash and soak squid rings for an hour in 5 cups of water.
- Remove squid rings from water and sun dry for 2 to 3 hours.
Squid rings must be fried in hot cooking oil oil. Make sure that the oil is not too hot for the squid rings are easily burned. When cool, pack squid rings in polybags and seal well.