The dried dilis is made crispy to deep frying toasted dilis coated with cornstarch. Crispy dilis is tastier compared to dried dilis and is eaten directly from the pack.
- Dried dilis
- Egg yolk
- Cooking oil
- Spices (black pepper, siling labuyo, salt, vetsin) to taste
- Toast dried “dilis” and set aside to cool.
- Coat cooled “dilis” first with the mixture of salt, beaten egg yolk, vetsin and spices; and then with cornstarch.
- Deep fry the coated “dilis” for a few seconds.
- Cool and pack in polyethylene bags.