- coco whey
- refined sugar
- hydrochloric acid
- expeller or press
- centrifuge (separator)
- pH meter
- stainless steel cooking vessel
- stainless steel spoon
- double boiler
Packaging Material: Sterilized glass jars with new PVC caps
A. Preparation of Whey
- Prepare coconut skim milk as described in Coconut Honey (steps 1 & 2).
- Adjust pH of skim milk to 4 with either 6N HCl or 25% citric acid solution. Separate the coagulated proteins by centrifugation or by filtration.
- Collect the coconut whey.
- Dissolve sugar in the whey (1 part sugar: 1 part whey).
- Cook in a double boiler or steam jacketed kettle until the total soluble solids content reaches 75%.
- Pour hot in sterilized containers and seal completely.
- Cool and label.
source: mis.dost.gov.ph, photo from carajerawatsembuh.blogspot.com