- coconut skim milk
- stabilizer (sodium alginate)
- expeller or press
- centrifuge (separator)
- blender or colloid mill
- stainless steel cooking vessel
- can sealer
Packaging Material: 2T cans or sterilized glass jars with new PVC caps
- Extract coconut milk as described under coconut syrup (steps 1-4).
- Store milk preferably in the cold to allow separation of cream from the water portion (skim milk). Collect the skim milk. (Separation may also be accomplished with the use of a centrifuge.)
- To one (1) part of the skim milk, add 1/2 part sugar and 1/2 part corn syrup.
- Blend with sodium alginate (stabilizer) in a concentration of 0.5% of the mixture.
- Heat the mixture over steam for 15 minutes, pass through a colloid mill and cook with constant stirring on a steam jacketed kettle to a temperature of 104°C (220°F). At this temperature, total soluble solids reading is about 76-77%.
- Pour hot product into sterilized container and seal completely. Cool and label.