In 1999, the Philippines ranked 3rd in world production next to Indonesia and India, and accounts to 23% of the total world produce. Coconut is grown as a major crop in many provinces, a total land area of more than 3 Million hectares is devoted to coconut production.
Product Types and Uses
Coconut oil, desiccated coconut, fresh coconut and copra are the primary products of coconut, while by-products include copra meal, activated carbon, coconut shell charcoal, coconut coir and coir dust. Coconut end products include detergents soaps, shampoo, cosmetics, margarine, cooking oil, confectionery, vinegar and nata de coco.
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- stainless steel knife
- mechanical slicer
- stainless steel spoon
- stainless steel basin
Packaging Material: Cellophane and PE bags (0.003 in. thickness)
- Moisten coconut with part of the milk.
- Put the rest of the milk and molasses in a pan and allow the mixture to boil.
- When nearly done, add sugar.
- Cook until a little of the mixture hardens when dropped into cold water.
- Pour into butter-greased pans. Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into small pieces and wrap in cellophane individually.
source: da.gov.ph, mis.dost.gov.ph