Materials: clay, sand, water
Tools: shovel, hoe, pickax, strainer, wire #14, wooden scraper, wooden molds 10″ x5″ x12 ½”, gas oven
- Dig soil, remove stones and waste with the use of strainer.
- Mix with:
- 25% water (1 part water in 4 parts of soil)
- 10% sand (10 parts of sand in 10 parts of clay)
- Mix well.
- Put in molds, scrape excess.
- Remove molds and let dry bricks within 3 to 4 weeks at room temperature.
- Invert brick so it would not crack or form wrinkles.
- Preheat gas oven for 2 hours at 980° C.
- Arrange bricks alternately
- Bake for 16 hours.
- Cool before use.
For more information, contact:
Dept. of Science and Technology
Rm. 303 DOST Bldg., DOST Complex,
Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City 1631
Telephone Nos: (632) 837-20-71 to 82