How to Make Chips from Squash
SQUASH CORN CHIPS
- Squash Oil
- Corn flour Sugar or salt
- Peel the squash, cut into fine pieces.
- Steam and grind.
- Mix squash and corn flour in the following proportions:
- 7 parts squash (70%)
- 3 parts corn (30%)
- Add flavoring and sugar (or salt).
- Steam for 15 minutes.
- Pass through a noodle machine at 1.2 cm. chips.
- Dry the resulting chips on a forced draft at 65°C – 70°C for 2 ½ hours. This will last for six weeks if packed in plastic bags and ten weeks if packed in laminated packs.