How to Make Cassava and Coconut Cookies
- 2 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 pcs eggs
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 2 cup “sapal” or desiccated coconut
- Sift together the measured baking powder and cassava flour.
- Add “sapal” to the baking powder and cassava flour mixture.
- In another bowl, cream the margarine.
- Gradually add the sugar and egg to the creamed margarine.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed margarine and blend well to form a soft dough.
- Grease the baking pan with oil or butter.
- Form the soft dough into small balls (approximately 5 g) and place on the greased pan.
- With the use of the kitchen fork, flatten the balls.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven until golden brown.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven.
- While it is hot remove the cookies from the baking pan to avoid scorching.
- When the cookies are cool, pack in a plastic bag, seal and keep till use or consume.