- Clean the fish by removing the scales, head, fins and internal organs. Wash thoroughly.
- Cut the fish uniformly to fit the size of the tin can.
- Pack the fish in tin cans and weight for uniformity of contents.
- Exhaust the cans of fish for 20 minutes.
- To each can of fish, add 1/4 teaspoon of iodized salt and 2 tablespoon of water.
- Seal the cans in can sealer.
- Process in a pressure cooker for 100 minutes at 10 lbs. pressure or at 240°F.
- Cool the canned fish in running water and wash before labeling.
For training and seminars, contact:
Pinoy Fishmart Multi-Purpose Cooperative
2/F PCA Annex Bldg., Commonwealth Ave.
Diliman, Quezon City
Tel: (02) 929-3118, Fax: (02) 929-7018
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
source: Pinoy Fishmart