How to Make Calamansi Candy
- 10 tbsp Starch
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 Glucose
- 4 tbsp Calamansi juice
- 1/8 tsp Citric acid
- 1/4 tsp Food color
- 1/4 tsp Calamansi oil
- heavy saucepan
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- trays, knife
- spatula, plastic bag
- Mix cornstarch and water. Stir to dissolve.
- Place the mixture in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil with continuous mixing.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Then add sugar and glucose. Stir to dissolve sugar and glucose.
- Continue boiling until the solution reaches a soluble solid of 78-80%. This can be determined with a refractometer.
- Add food color if desired and calamansi juice with citric acid.
- After boiling, add calamansi oil.
- Pour the mixture into trays. Stand for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cut into desired sizes and shape with a spatula. (If no spatula is available, use knife).
- Roll in granulated sugar, strain to remove excess sugar.
- Pack in plastic bag.