- 1 kg Bangus
- 75.2 g Salt
- 17 g Angkak
- 5 cup Rice
- Remove the scales of the fish. Debone.
- Cut fish into butterfly fillets. Cut into serving pieces.
- Add salt and allow to saturate for 1 hour.
- Cook five cups of rice by boiling in water. Cool
- Add angkak to cooked rice.
- Mix 400 grams salted fish and 850 grams cooked rice.
- Pack rice and fish alternately in sterilized glass jar.
- Place the remaining rice on the upper layer of fish.
- Cover with plastic film.
- Ferment for 7 days at room temperature.
- Saute in cooking oil, garlic and onions before serving.
Click image to enlarge
source: DA, Agricultural Training Institute