- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks until light in color and very thick. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks.
- Sift the flour and salt together.
- Fold into the egg mixture.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Transfer mixture into a pastry bag then pipe out strips about 3 inches long.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are brown.