- Juvenile bangus
- Corn oil
- Bottle caps
- PVC seals and labels
- Pressure cooker
- Frying pan
- Balance (1 kg capacity)
- Chopping board
- Cut the fish transversely to fit the size of bottle.
- Remove the internal organs
- Wash fish thoroughly to remove all traces of blood
- Dry under the sun for around 2 hours or until firm.
- Deep fry in oil for 2 minutes.
- Fill fish into bottles at 145+10 gm. per bottle. Arrange around the bottles the following: 2 slices carrot, a slice of pickle, 2 sili labuyo, 4 black peppers and an olive. Add a pinch of salt and MSG. Fill the corn oil up to 1/4 into headspace from the top of the bottle.
- Cap the bottles tightly. Arrange in pressure cooker.
- Process for 100 minutes psi. Cool.
- Wash the bottles. Dry.
- Place seal then label.
- Store in a cool dry place for 1 month or more to attain desired flavor.
Product Costing (2007 data)
1. Direct Materials:
- Bangus (P50.00/kg @3.2 bottles per kg) – 15.63
- Corn oil (P 76.00 at 70gm/bottle) 5.32
- Ingredients (average/bottle) – 2.00
- Bottle – 2.00
- Cap – 2.80
- Seal – 0.13
- Label – 1.00
Sub-Total: P 28.99
2. Direct Labor – 2 persons x P150.00 at 2 days, 150 bottles – 4.00
3. Overhead cost , LPG – 2 hours at P12.50/hr, 150 bottles – 0.17
Total production cost – P 33.04