Ingredients For the bibingka:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk (fresh milk can be substituted)
- 7 cups raw cassava, grated (or frozen)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- banana leaves (or use cookie sheet)
For the topping:
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (available in Asian stores)
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs and sugar till lemon colored. Add the rest of the ingredients. Pour into a greased 9×9 in pan lined with banana leaves (or cookie sheet).
- Mix coconut milk with the flour. Add condensed milk and cook over medium heat till thick. Add egg yolks and mix well. Return to heat and cook 5 minutes more. Pour over baked bibingka. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and broil till golden brown.