Meat Material : Beef lean, round/rump, sliced 1/4 inch thick – 1kg
Extenders: (In 1/2 cup water, add the following)
- 1 Tbsp – Isolate
- 1 tsp – Carageenan
- 1 Tbsp – Salt, refined
- 1/2 tsp – Curing salt
- 1 tsp – Phosphate, dissolved in 1/4 c H2O
- 1/4 tsp – Vitamin C powder
- 6 Tbsp – Sugar, refined
- 1 Tbsp – Black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp – Garlic, chopped finely (or 2 tsp – garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp – Vetsin (MSG)
- 2 Tbsp – Anisado wine
- 1/2 tsp- Meat enhance
- Select good quality raw material. Trim and weigh.
- Slice meat into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Mix meat with first four ingredients and mix until tacky.
- Add extenders and mix again until the meat dries up.
- Add seasonings and mix again thoroughly for even distribution of ingredients.
- Place in a white plastic container, with loose cover and cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or refrigerator (middle compartment at 1-4 degree C temp.)
- Mix again before packing.
- Store in freezer.
You can buy all the ingredients above at:
Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
#107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: 411-1349; 742-0826; 742-7866
Email: [email protected]
source: Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center