- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat to 375°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets.
- In a bowl, cream butter with sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in eggwhites. Beat until smooth then fold in the flour.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a plain round tip.
- Pipeout batter 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- If a piping bag is not available, simply drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheet then spread thinly with a spatula or the back of a spoon into a 3-inch circle.
- Bake until wafers are brown along edges.
- Remove wafers from the baking sheet, one at a time, using a spatula or kitchen turner.
- Roll each wafer around the handle of a wooden spoon until edges overlap.
- Cool seam side down on a wire rack until crisp all over.
- Do the same for all the wafers.
- Yield 1.5 dozen.