- Bangus (259 grams in size or more)
- 80° Salometer brine (composed of 267.03 grams of salt per liter of water)
- 250 g Brown sugar
- 6 pcs Bay leaves
- Black pepper
- Prague powder
- Wash milkfish then split. Remove all internal organs and false kidney. Debone.
- Simmer the marinating solution for one hour then cool. Bring the volume to one liter.
- Soak the fish in the cool marinating solution for 30 minutes to one hour depending on size.
- Store in a chill room overnight for slow curing or at room temperature until flesh is translucent.
- Remove from the solution and wash surface to remove excess salt. Do not soak.
- Spread on trays and surfs. In the meantime, kindle smoke house.
- Smoke until golden brown.
- Cool before packing in boxes.
- Keep refrigerated if packed in plastic bags.
Click image to enlarge
source: DA, Agricultural Training Institute