How to Make Banana Catsup #2
- Cavendish (saba) bananas
- 100 grams (7 tbsp.) Vinegar
- 1 gram (3 pcs.) Pepper, labuyo
- 5 grams (1 pc) Onion, powdered (medium)
- 1 gram (1 clove) Garlic, powdered (big)
- 10 grams (2 tsp.) Refined salt
- 80 grams (6 tbsp.) Sugar
- 2.7 gram (1/2 tsp.) Red dye (no. 2)
- 2.8 gram (1/2 tsp.) Yellow dye (no. 5)
- 5 grams (1 tsp.) Cinnamon
- 200 mL (14 tbsp.) Water
- Cook, peel, and grind rare ripe bananas (80% yellow and 20% green).
- Weigh the ground pulp and add an equal amount of water.
- Blend in warring blender for one minute.
- Adjust the pH of the puree to 4.0-4.3 by adding citric acid (0.5% of puree) and /or sodium hydroxide.
- Adjust the pH of the vinegar to 4.0- 4.3.
- Grind the spices and dissolve them in vinegar. Add them to the puree.
- Cook the mixture for 10 minutes at 75-85 C, stirring continuously to prevent scorching.
- Add coloring and continue heating to desired consistency.
- While catsup is hot, pour it in clean, sterilized bottle.