The angel figurine is distinctive decor for homes, especially for Christmas. A one-piece mold is needed to make the figurine.
Tools and Materials:
- 3″ model of angel figurine
- modeling clay
- about 1.2kg plaster of Paris
- about 360g water
- 250g silicone rubber
- 12.5g catalyst
- cotton swab on a piece of wire to serve as applicator
- square pieces of gauze
- mixing bowl
- plastic straw
- paint brush
- 20g dyes or paints (flesh, brown, white and gold)
- small knife
- Mix silicone rubber and catalyst.
- Apply a layer of the silicone rubber mixture to the angel figurine on a piece of cardboard. Leave a small allowance along the four sides of the cardboard.
- Immediately apply another layer or synthetic rubber to the glued model and cardboard. If bubbles form, blow them away with a plastic straw. Let dry.
- Apply second coating of silicone rubber mixture to the model.
- Put squares of gauze on the model. Press with a spatula so the gauze will adhere will to the model.
- Apply the mixture on the gauze. Let dry for 30 minutes.
- Pack clay into all crevices of each completed mold. This will facilitate the removal of the support from the mold.
- With the spatula, smoothen the clay. Let dry and set aside.
- Pour 300g water into a mixing bowl. Add 1kg plaster of Paris. Mix well until creamy.
- Gradually pour plaster of Paris over each mold. The plaster mixture must be thick enough so the support will be durable. Dry for 25 minutes.
- Remove the support from the model.
- Peel off the cardboard from the mold. You may wet the cardboard so it will be easier to peel off.
- Remove the model from the mold. In removing the silicone rubber and cardboard, use scissors or a small knife so the model will be fine and smooth.
- Pour 60g water and 200g plaster of Paris into a mixing bowl. Mix well until viscous.
- Using the brush, apply mixture to the mold so that plaster fills up all crevices and the details are properly reproduced.
- Gradually pour plaster mixture over the mold until until the mold is fully filled. Make sure all parts of mold are covered with the mixture so the mold will have no holes.
- Follow the same procedure for the other two models. Let dry for 25 minutes.
- Remove the casts from the mold. Polish the body of the cast with a small knife.
- Paint the entire body of the angel flesh, the hair brown and the wings and shawl white.
- To provide accent, paint the harp if the angel gold.
For training and seminars:
Jacinta Bldg. 2, Guadalupe Nuevo, EDSA, Makati City
Tel: (02) 822-5087, 822-5418 loc 201, 208, 209, 210