The all purpose liquid cleaner is a very useful product because it can be used for washing clothes and for cleaning utensils or other household items and even cars. In making this product, it is best to use biodegradable materials to prevent harmful and strong chemicals from causing harm to the environment. For a shiny finish, use lanolin oil for indoor use (like dishwashing) or silicon oil for outdoor use (carwashing).
||%to total weight
|clean water or distilled water
|caustic soda or sodium dioxide
|lanolin or silicon oil
- graduated cylinder
- stirring rod
- rubber spatula
- mixing bowl
- electric mixer
- Measure all the ingredients accurately to get an effective all-purpose cleaner.
- Dissolve all the powdered ingredients, (the caustic soda and STPP) in just enough water. Mix well. You will notice that the mixture will become warm. This is due to the heat being released by the caustic soda.
- Set the mixture aside after powder dissolves and it is mixed.
- Mix together the SLES, CDA, lanolin, benzalkonium chloride and distilled water in a bowl. Mix well using a mixer. (If may also be handmixed if a mixer is not available). Gradually add caustic soda, STPP mixture and table salt. You will notice that the odor and consistency of the mixture will change.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape off mixture from the sides of the bowl. Mix well again.
- Add the lemon scent and the coloring agent while mixing. Mix well until the mixture is evenly colored and blended. This is now our all-purpose liquid cleaner.
- Transfer the all-purpose liquid cleaner to a sanitary container. It can be used after four hours.
For more info, contact:
DOST Central Office
DOST Bldg. Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig
Telephone: (632) 837-20-71 to 82
Fax: (632) 837-8937