Hamburger is a popular processed product in the market. It is prepared by curing the meat which is composed of beef or pork. Patties are formed using hamburger molder.
A. Meat Materials
- 350g Pork lean, ground finely
- 350g Beef lean, ground
- 300g Pork backfat
- In 1/2 cup water, add 1 Tablespoon isolate, 1/4 cup texturized vegetable protein (TVP) and 1/2 teaspoon carageenan.
C. Curing Mix
- 1 tbsp Salt, refined
- 1 tsp Phosphate
- 3 cup Water, chilled
- 1 tbsp Sugar, refined
- 1/2 tbsp Black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp Garlic, chopped finely or 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp MSG
- 1/4 tsp Meat enhancer
- 1/2 Onion, copped finely
- 1/2 tsp Celery powder
- 1 tsp Hamburger seasoning
- 2 tbsp Milk powder
- 1 pc Egg, fresh medium
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs or 4 tbsp Potato starch
E. Packaging Materials
- For 1/2 kg package, use polyethylene plastic bag.
- Select good quality raw materials.
- Grind meat and fat.
- Add salt and phosphate (dissolved in 1/4 cup water). Mix until tacky.
- Add extenders: TVP, carageenan and isolate. Mix again until homogenous mixture is attained.
- Add seasonings and remix.
- To attain firm patties, chill mixture for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Form into patties with the use of a hamburger molder (50 grams per patty, 1 kg yields 20 pieces.)
- Freeze patties before packaging.
- Store in freezer.
- Cook in a little amount of fat.
Yield : 1 kg of meat = 1.3 to 1.5 kgs. hamburger patties
Source: DA – ATI, Diliman Q.C.