- 1 lb fresh ubod, julienned
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 1/4 lb shrimps, chopped coarsely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 head garlic, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup peanuts (salted), grounded mixed with 2 tbsp sugar
For egg wrapper:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Boil the ubod in water with a little salt till soft and tender. Set aside.
- In little oil (2-3 tbsp), saute onions till limp. Add pork and saute for another 2-3 mins. Add shrimp and saute till pink/orange in color. Add boiled ubod, about 1/4 cup water, season with a little salt and pepper and cook for another 4-5 mins. Drain and save the broth. Set aside.
- Prepare sauce. using the both saved from the filling, thicken with a little cornstarch. Set aside.
- Prepare wrap by mixing all ingredients together. Add a little water if needed. Consistency should be like thin pancakes.
- Spray a small (4-6 “) teflon-coated pan with cooking oil for wrapper. If spray oil is not available, add a drop of oil and spread on the pan.
- Add wrapper batter and spread around pan, under medium heat. Cook till edges separate and turn cooking other side for a few seconds. This wrapper will cook under 1 minute. Will make about 8-10 wraps.
Preparing the lumpia:
Place 2-3 tbsp filling in lower part of wrapper. Sprinkle about 1/2 to 1 tsp peanut and sugar mixture. Top with about 1 tsp of sauce. Sprinkle with fresh chopped garlic. Roll.
Note: chicken can be added or used if preferred. For garnish, add a few strands of murang bawang (looks like dahon ng sibuyas only thinner) inside roll if available.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- Cooked shrimps, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1cup green beans, finely sliced
- 1/2 ubod (heart of palm or substitute with bamboo shoots)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienne
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup cornstarch dispersed in 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cup chicken broth or the broth from the filling
- 2 tbsp cornstarch in 1/4 cup water
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup ground peanuts
- Brown garlic in canola oil, add onions and sweat until done. Add pork, shrimp and garbanzos and simmer for 3 minutes
- Add carrots and beans and ubod. Cook the vegetables until done but with a bite. Drain and cool. Set the broth aside for the sauce
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Beat egg whites until frothy, not soft peaks.
- Add egg yolks and beat just to blend then add cornstarch water
- Brush frying pan with light coating of canola oil and bring it to medium heat. Spoon about 2 tbsp of batter and tilt the pan to spread a thin layer (just like a crepe). Lift off wrapper when cooked
- In a sauce pan add sugar, soy, broth and bring to a simmer. Add cornstarch to thicken and sprinkle with fresh chopped garlic and peanuts
- Brush the lumpia wrapper with the sauce
- Wrap the filling in the lumpia wrapper with a piece of green leaf lettuce and a sprig of green onion
- Wrap this in wax paper
- Drizzle sauce on top
sources: www.citytv.com.com, www.cooks.com, photo from