Eating between meals is a common habit among us Filipinos. Squash is a good snack rich in Vitamin A and contains calcium, phosphorus and iron. This becomes attractive snacks for the young when served in different ways.
This can be a great idea to start a home based business out of this snacks.
- 2 cups boiled squash, mashed
- 2 cups corn starch
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 big can evaporated milk
- 3 cups coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons kalamansi
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except margarine.
- Mix well and allow to boil.
- Stir lightly to prevent scorching.
- Add margarine when mixture becomes thick and transparent.
- Pour the mixture into desired mold.
- Allow to cool. Refrigerate and serve cold.
Put “budbud” on top when served.
To prepare budbud:
- 1/3 cup sugar for every 1 cup coconut meal.
- Roast in carajay until golden brown.