Meat processing has given a lot of people additional income to meet our economic needs. Before you plan to start your own meat processing project you have to procure the right equipment and utensils and know the proper way of using the ingredients and observe quality measures to ensure good quality products.
This commercial recipe for hamburger utilizing beef, pork or chicken as meat material and use of organic extenders to increase the yield of the product.
- 700 g Beef lean, ground finely
- 300 g Pork lean, ground
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Salt, refined
- 1 tsp Phosphate (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
- 1/4 cup TVP
- 1/4 cup Qualicel
- 1/2 cup Versagel
- 1 & 1/2 cup Water
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Sugar, refined
- 1 tbsp Black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp Garlic, chopped (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp MSG
- 1/2 tsp Meat enhancer
- 3/4 cup Onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Celery powder
- 2 tsp Hamburger seasoning
- 3 tbsp Milk of whey powder
- 2 pcs Fresh egg. medium
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs (or 4 tbsp potato starch)
- Select good quality raw materials. Grind meat and fat finely.
- Add salt and phosphate (dissolve in 1/4 cup of water). Mix well until tacky (sticky as glue).
- Add extenders. Mix until a homogenous mixture is attained.
- Add seasonings and remix.
- To attain firm patties, chill mixture for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator
- With the use of a hamburger molder (50 grams per patty), form into patties. One kilo should contain 20 pieces. For 30 grams patty – 1 kg should contain 33 pieces.
- Freeze patties before packing. Store in freezer.
- Cook with little amount of oil.
You can buy all meat processing ingredients at:
Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
#107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: 411-1349; 742-0826; 742-7866
Email: [email protected]
author: Lourdes G. Rivera