- Ubod ng niyog
- Ascorbic acid
- Weighing scale
- Chopping board
- Preserving jars
- Choose coconut ubod free from fibrous material. Select only tender but crisp part of the trunk.
- Trim and wash vegetable thoroughly. Cut into slices of 2 inches long and 1-inch thick.
- Immerse immediately in tap water.
- Pack the slices into preserving jars/cans.
- Fill with hot 1.5% brine containing 0.1% ascorbic acid up to 1/4-inch.
- Exhaust to 180°F (82°C). Full seal.
- Cool, dry and label.
source: mis.dost.gov.ph, photo from domesticurbanite.com