- 700 g Pork pigue, boneless, skinless ground coarsely
- 300 g Pork backfat, ground coarsely
- 1 tbsp Isolate
- 1 tsp Carageenan
- 1/4 Chilled Water (To dissolve the above 3 ingredients)
- 1 tbsp Salt, refined
- 1 tsp Curing salt
- 1 tsp Phosphate
- 1/4 tsp Vitamin C powder
- 1/2 cup Chilled water (To dissolve the above 4 ingredients)
- 2 & 1/4 tbsp Sugar, refined
- 1/2 tsp Meat enhancer
- 1/2 tsp MSG
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Ham spice
- 1 tsp BF Blend (Binder Filler)
- Chill meat and backfat before grinding.
- Grind pork and backfat using a fine plate or double grind.
- Measure or weigh all the ingredients.
- Mix meat with backfat and mix with curing mix until tacky.
- Add hydrated extenders little by little until well blended.
- Finally add the seasonings. Mix well.
- Put this mixture in ham molder and steam for 1 hour. Cool.
- Remove from mould package and chill/freeze.
- Simple “llanera” maybe used to attain the “pear-shape” appearance of ham.
- Square ham maybe produced by using baking pan mold with aluminum foil.
For meat processing ingredients and training, contact:
Spices & Foodmix House
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: (02) 411-1349, 742-0826/7866
Email: [email protected]
source: Ms. Lulu Rivera of UEC, DTI-PTTC