- Weigh rareripe pineapple. Remove the crown. Wash pineapple thoroughly in tap water.
- Soak in chlorinated water (200 ppm) for 10 minutes to reduce microbial load. Drain.
- Peel the fruits and remove the eyes and the core.
- Cut the fruits into desired thickness and shape (or cut it into wedges of about 2 cm thickness or dice it into desired size and thickness).
- Soak the fruits into hot boiled heavy syrup (1 part water: 1 part sugar) containing citric acid equivalent to 0.3% (3g/liter of syrup), and sodium benzoate, 0.1% (1g/liter of syrup). Read the rest of this entry »