Recipe #1 Ingredients:
- 1 kilo beef, sliced 1/4 inch thick (3 pcs.)
- 1/4 kilo ground beef liver
- 200 grams sliced sausages or ham
- 200 grams pork fat (cut is strips)
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 100 grams Cheddar cheese in strips
- 100 grams grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 bay leaf (laurel)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of water
- 2 meters thread or string (for tying)
- Spread and stretch the sliced beef on your working table.
- Arrange the filling on the sliced beef: sausage strips, cheese strips, sliced eggs, pork fat and some ground liver.
- Roll the sliced beef with all the filling inside and secure with a thread or string.
- Repeat the procedure for the two remaining beef slices.
- On a pot, place the beef rolls and put the water, the remaining ground liver, grated cheese, chopped onions, bay leaves, ground black pepper and salt.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for one hour.
- Add the vinegar and continue to simmer of another hour or until beef is tender.
- Slice the beef morcon, arrange on a platter and top with the sauce/ gravy poured on top.
Recipe #2 Ingredients:
- 1 kilo Beef Sirloin, cut morcon style
- 2 tbsp Calamansi juice, fresh
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 pc Large pickle, sliced lengthwise into strips
- 1 pc Egg, hard-cooked then sliced into quarters
- 1 pc. Small carrot, sliced into strips
- 2 pc Hotdogs, sliced into strips
- 3 tbsp. Flour
- ¼ cup Cooking oil
- 1 cup Chopped white onions
- 1 cup Chopped red and green bell peppers
- Water to cover
- 1 pc. Bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 can Liver spread
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pcs. Hard-cooked eggs, sliced
Marinate Beef Sirloin in calamansi juice and soy sauce for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator. Arrange strips of Hotdogs, pickles, eggs and carrots on the marinated Beef Sirloin. Roll neatly then tie with a string. Reserve marinade for later use. Dredge in flour then brown in oil. Remove from pan.
Using the same pan, saute garlic and onions. Add bell pepper, water, bay leaf and marinade. Return meat and cook covered, stirring occasionally over low heat until Beef Sirloin becomes tender. Add tomato paste and liver spread. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes. Slice and serve with sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
sources: Buy&Sell Ads, monterey.com.ph, photo from cookingpanda.com