- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Hot sauce (optional, add this if you want the sauce to be hot )
- Mix ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat while stirring continuously until thick.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with deep fried fishball or squidballs.
SQUIDBALL AND KIKIAM SAUCE
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 whole onion (minced)
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- cooking oil
- Mix cornstarch with water in a bowl until it thickens
- Saute garlic and onion in a pan with cooking oil until garlic turns golden brown
- Pour the cornstarch and water mixture into the sauted garlic and onion
- Add soy sauce and vinegar.
- Do not stir until soy sauce and vinegar is cooked on a medium heat
- Add brown sugar (quantity may depend on desired sweetness)
- Stir occasionally
You can also add sliced chili peppers if you prefer spicy.
You can also use this sauce in Lumpiang Sariwa.
sources: lutongbahay.com, arcane-denial, cooks.com