- Select equal mixture of green and ripe guavas.
- Wash and cut into halves or quarters.
- For every kilo of guavas, add 2 liters of water.
- Boil in enamel or stainless steel basin for 30 minutes.
- Strain thru a cheesecloth bag.
- Crush the pulp and boil again, using 1-2 liters of water.
- Strain and combine the 2 extracts. Measure.
- To every cup of the extract, add a cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of calamansi juice.
- Boil once to dissolve sugar and strain.
- Cook over strong fire until the temperature reaches 107-108 °C until a soft ball is formed when the jelly is dropped in a cup of water.
- Pour in sterilized dry glass jars.
For further information, contact:
Paseo de Valmayor, Los Banos, Laguna
Telephone No.: (049) 5360014 to 20
Fax No.: (049) 5360016
Manila Liaison Office:
DOST Complex, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City
Tel.: 8372071 to 82 loc 2420
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org