- 850 g Bread flour
- 150 g Coco flour
- 30 g Salt
- 1 pc Whole egg, well beaten
- 3 g Kansui
- few drops Yellow food color (optional)
- 320 g Water
Procedure for manual cutting of noodles
This product is ideal for lomi-like pancit preparation.
- Dilute kansui and salt separately with prepared water.
- Mix very well the bread flour and coco flour in a bowl.
- Gradually add kansui solution in a stream-like manner.
- Gradually add salt solution in a stream-like manner.
- Add water according to desired consistency.
- Knead on a floured clean and smooth surface until gluten is developed or until very elastic.
- Divide dough in ten pieces and knead into thin flat sheets.
- Using a pair of sharp scissors, cut into desired strips.
- Dust with flour to prevent these from sticking together.
- Weigh noodles every 150 grams, then blanch in boiling water.
- Immerse in cold water then drain well.
- Using a round molder, deep-fry in oil.
Download instructions with illustrations here
For more information, contact:
Philippine Coconut Authority
Elliptical Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel: (02) 928-4501
Regional offices: www.pca.da.gov.ph/dir_reg.php