What is OWWA’s free training?
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is the government agency working to protect and promote the welfare of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and their dependents.
OWWA provides training scholarships to qualified OWWA members and their beneficiaries. Informatics is a preferred training partner of OWWA.
Courses and Topics
- Computer Hardware Servicing - Intro to Networks, PC Trouble Shooting
- Computer Programming - Program Logic Formulation, C Programming, Java Programming
- Web Design - Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver Flash
- Technical Drafting - AutoCAD Module 1 , AutoCAD Module 2
Who can avail? Subject to OWWA policies, you can be a qualified scholar if you are:
- An OFW
- A beneficiary of a married OFW (The spouse, A child 20 years & below, single, at least HS graduate)
- A beneficiary of an unmarried OFW (A sibling 20 years & below, single, at least HS graduate
OFWs must be active OWWA members (land-based or sea-based)
How can I get free training?
- Inquire at an Informatics branch near you and submit the required documents.
- If your application is approved, OWWA will give you a scholarship grant
- Choose your Informatics branch and your training schedule.