- 1/2 cup water
- 1- 1/2 cups kamias, cleaned and sliced into rounds
- 3/4 cup sugar syrup (see below)
- 5 cups coarsely crushed ice
- In a blender, pour water, syrup, kamias, and crushed ice.
- Blend until ice and kamias are finely crushed and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into six 8-ounce glasses.
To make sugar syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine 3 cups sugar and 1-1/2 cups water.
- Cover and let boil over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool and store in refrigerator.
How To Make Kamias Preserve
- Kamias fruits (ginger lily) – about 1 gallon container
- 2 tbsp lime (apog)
- Water enough to cover kamias
- Wash kamias, cut ends. Then, prick 5-6 times, all over with a toothpick. Soak in water with lime.
- Soak overnight. Next day, wash 3 times in clear water. Blanch. Squeeze kamias one by one.
- Squeeze gently so as not to crush the fruits. Measure water enough to cover kamias. Add sugar.
- Measurement same as of water. Cook kamias in this syrup. Let boil for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Next day, boil again for 10 minutes. Repeat this procedure till the 4th day. On the 4th day, cook until syrup thickens and kamias color turns brown. Pack in sterilized bottle.
source: www.filipinovegetarianrecipe.com, photo from pinkswarovski.blogspot.com, khiewchanta.com