The mushroom business in the Philippines is apparently a burgeoning business with enormous commercial potential in as much as it targets a basic need: food. There is also a claim, on the contrary, that its present cultivation in this country is limited, perhaps due to the limited local knowledge about its culture.
Mushroom is a delicacy and is really accepted as vegetable. Its present cultivation in this country is limited, perhaps due to insufficiency of planting materials and the limited local knowledge about its culture.
Mushroom growing requires little space and time and farmers can make use of their rice straws following harvesting. Mushroom can be grown the whole year round provided a good storage of rice straw is prepared.
- Starting a Business in Mushroom Production
- The Promising Business of Growing Mushrooms
- Mushroom Farming, Cultivation, Growing
- Spawnless Mushroom Production Using Munggo Hull
- Preserving Harvested Mushrooms
- How to Grow Taingang Daga (Auricularia)
Follow the links above to read the comments for other tips, advice, suppliers, seminars, etc.
photo from warwick.ac.uk