The growing popularity of vermicomposting has cast the lowly earthworm in a new light.
Vermicomposting refers to the process of using earthworms to turn organic waste into vermicompost — also known as vermicast, worm compost, worm castings, worm humus or worm manure — a high quality natural fertilizer and soil conditioner.
In a nutshell, worm composting is a process for recycling food waste into a rich, dark, earth-smelling soil conditioner.
- Starting a Business in Vermicomposting
- Basic Guide to Composting Using Worms
- Vermiculture and Vermicomposting (Video)
- Earthworms, Answer to Urban Waste Problems
- Vermiculture: The Management of Worms
- Backyard Production of Earthworms (Vermiculture)
photo from californiagreensolutions.com