Hydroponics is the science of growing plants without soil. The plants thrive on the nutrient solution alone. The medium merely acts as support for the plants and their root systems, and perhaps to hold moisture around the roots. The growing medium, if any, is totally inert. Plants grown using this method produce fruits and flowers with clearer, purer, more transparent scents.
No soil means no weeds or soil borne pests and disease. Plants will maintain optimum nutrient and moisture levels in hydroponics systems, which has several benefits: healthier plants, faster growing plants and plants that will be more disease resistant as they are not stressed by drought.
- Basic Guide to Hydroponics Technology
- Soiless Planting: Hydroponics 101
- SNAP for Hydroponics
- SNAP, a Modified Hydroponics System
- How To Set-Up Snap Hydroponics
- Questions About Hydroponics Gardening
- Growing Potato Without Soil (Hydroponics)
- What is Aquaponics Technology?
Follow the links above to read the comments for other tips, advice, suppliers, seminars, etc.