Tuna patties are a cheap but delicious alternative to expensive meat patties.
- chopping board
- 2 mixing bowls
- 2 aluminum trays
- polyethylene bags
- heat sealer
- 2 kilo tuna fillet or scrap meat of any white fleshed fish
- 125 grams bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered pepper (paminta)
- 1/8 cup calamansi juice
- 1/8 cup ginger juice
- 1/8 cup chopped onions
Yield: 20 tuna patties
- Finely chop tuna fillet. Add ginger juice, chopped onion, calamansi juice, salt and paminta. Mix by hand and set aside.
- Beat an egg. Shape chopped fish into patties. Dip patties in beaten egg.
- Roll each patty in bread crumbs and store in polybags.
- Close the polybags to extend product’s shelf life.
source: www.tlrc.gov.ph, photo from glorious-mayhem.blogspot.com