How to Make Fish Nuggets
Fish Nuggets is made up by mixing minced fish meat with other ingredients. It generally comes in bite-sized rectangular shape. When fried, nuggets are golden brown in color and have a crunchy texture.
- 3 cup minced fish meat
- 1 cup shrimp meat
- 1.5 cup iced water
- 10 T chopped onion
- 2 t chopped garlic
- 1.5 cup bread crumbs
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1 T iodized salt
- 1 T white sugar
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1.5 t MSG
- Grind minced fish meat in food cutter, add salt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well until sticky.
- Mold or form into rectangular shape.
- Dip nuggets in a cold commercially prepared batter mix, 1:1 ratio of batter and water.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fat fry until golden brown and serve with sauce and serve with sauce.
How to Make Canned Bangus (Salmon Style)
- Clean the fish by removing the scales, head, fins and internal organs. Wash thoroughly.
- Cut the fish uniformly to fit the size of the tin can.
- Pack the fish in tin cans and weight for uniformity of contents.
- Exhaust the cans of fish for 20 minutes.
- To each can of fish, add 1/4 teaspoon of iodized salt and 2 tablespoon of water.
- Seal the cans in can sealer.
- Process in a pressure cooker for 100 minutes at 10 lbs. pressure or at 240°F.
- Cool the canned fish in running water and wash before labeling.
For training and seminars, contact:
Pinoy Fishmart Multi-Purpose Cooperative
2/F PCA Annex Bldg., Commonwealth Ave.
Diliman, Quezon City
Tel: (02) 929-3118, Fax: (02) 929-7018
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
source: Pinoy Fishmart, photo from roadfood.com