If you’re a stay-home person with the kids, but would like to still earn a little extra money, then it can be difficult to find the right kind of work that is flexible enough and stills pays enough to be worthwhile. But one option that you may find very enjoyable is starting your own face painting business .
Face painting doesn’t take a lot of skill — you just need to know the secrets of the pros. To promote their business, many face painters do start out by volunteering their services for events, but as Face Painters improve in skill, artistry and speed, the “free rides” do not last for long. Yes, they do get paid!
Once you’ve had some practice and are confident in your ability, you can always get much experience by offering to paint faces for free at a charity event of a children’s school. Also, by doing this, you will be able to get some testimonials to help you market your services to other schools, events, and birthday parties.
Where to Market:
- Birthday parties
- School fairs
- Home Shows
- Mall Shows
- Craft Fairs
- Church functions
- Other Parties
In this free online video series learn face painting from body art specialist Kathleen Wright. She will give you tips for getting started with face painting, what brushes you should buy, a what paint to buy.
How to Paint a Butterfly
All Videos In This Series:
- Tips for Getting Started with Face Painting
- What Brushes You Should Buy for Face Painting
- What Face Paint Should You Buy
- Buying Airbrush Paint Instead of Professional Paint
- Buying Non-Toxic Paint for Face Painting
- Face Painting Reference Pictures for Practice
- How to Paint a Butterfly: Face Painting Tips and Techniques
- Part 2: How to Paint a Butterfly: Face Painting Tips and Techniques
- How to Add Glitter to Your Face Painting Design
- How to Add Detail to a Face Painting Motif
- How to Use a Face Painting Marker
- Face Painting with a Sponge
- Simple Face Painting with Jewels
- How to Add a Jewel to Your Face Painting Design
- How to Paint Multiple Layers of Face Paint
Faces and body painting tips here