Tilapia Fish Tapa
- Split each of 1 kilo of tilapia along the backbone. Remove gills and internal organs. Wash thoroughly and drain. Cut into small fillets.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/8 tsp salitre, 1/8 cup salt and red food color. Rub the mixture on fish.
- Allow to ferment for 2 days. After 2 days, the fish is ready to cook.
- The processed tilapia could be dried under the sun for longer storage.
- 1 kilo tilapia fish meat
- 1/4 kilo carrots, chopped
- 1/4 kilo onion
- 5 pcs red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 kilo potatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vetsin
- 1/2 tsp curing salt
- 1 tsp accord powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 bulb garlic, chopped
- 2 packs bread crumbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 pcs eggs
- 3 pcs hard-boiled eggs
- 1 box cheese
- 1 box raisin
- 1/4 kilo hotdog
- aluminum foil
- Wash fist meat.
- Squeeze and chop meat.
- Mix salt to fish meat until tacky.
- Add other ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Steam for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in freezer.
- 6 medium-sized tilapia
- 1 big coconut, grated
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ginger, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 large pechay leaves or mustard leaves
- 6 medium-sized ripe tomatoes
- 2 table spoon salt
- 1 tsp MSG
- Clean tilapia very well and cut diagonally on both sides of the fish. Set aside.
- Extract the coconut twice in enough amount of water and divide the milk into containers.
- Combine tilapia, crushed garlic, crushed ginger, finely sliced onion, finely sliced tomatoes, salt and MSG.
- Mix these well with the other half of the coconut milk.
- Wrap one whole tilapia together with the mixture in two pechay leaves and place in a cooking vessel until all are well arranged in it.
- Lastly, pour the other half of the coconut milk and let it boil for 15 minutes or until done. Seasoned with patis.
For more information, contact:
TRC at TLRC Building
#103 J. Abad Santos cor. Lopez Jaena Sts.,
Little Baguio, San Juan, Metro Manila
Tel: (02) 727-6205
source: www.tlrc.gov.ph, photo from alibaba.com