Meat Material: Beef brisket, cubed 1×1/2″ or any boneless beef – 1 kg
Cover Pickle Ingredients:
- 1 cup – Water
- 1 Tbsp – Salt, refined
- 1-1/4 Tbsp – Sugar, refined
- 1 tsp – Curing salt
- 1/4 tsp – Vitamin C powder
- 1 tsp – Phosphate
- Add 2 cups water to the meat and cook with the following ingredients:
- 1 tsp – Nutmeg
- 1 tsp – Corned beef seasoning
- 1 tsp – Garlic powder
- 1 tsp – Vetsin*
- 2 Tbsp – Trimix (after cooking)**
- 2 Tbsp – Carageenan
* Add after flaking
** For every 300 grams broth add 2 Tbsp Trimix and 1 tsp carageenan previously disolved in 1/4 cup water and boil it until thickens and add it to 700 grams flaked lean meat to make 1000 grams product.
- Select good quality raw materials.
- Cube the meat into 1 x 1/2 inch
- Prepare the cover pickle (40 degree salinity)
- Immerse raw materials into the cover pickle.
- Cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or refregerate (34-36 degreeF) for 1-2 days.
- Flake. Separate lean from the stock (sabaw)
- Pack in polyethylene bags and keep in freezer.
- Meat Processing Business
- How to Make Tocino
- How to Make Skinless Longanisa
- How to Make Fresh Native Sausage
- How to Make Quick Cured Ham
- How to Make Beef Tapa
- How to Make Corned Beef
- How to Make Beef Sausage
- How to Prepare Sausage Casing
You can buy all the meat processing ingredients at:
Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
#107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: 411-1349; 742-0826; 742-7866